At Ashton under Hill First School we follow a rolling programme of genres which incorporate the key requirements of the National Curriculum including spelling, punctuation, grammar and reading.
Our Reading sessions focus on using VIPERS skills to develop a deeper understanding of a text.
Spelling is taught initially through the Letters and Sounds phonic scheme and then progressing onto No Nonsense in Year 1.
Writing sessions are based around high quality texts and planning follows a structure of familiarisation, grammar and structure.
By the end of Key Stage 2, be able to:
- Be confident and enthusiastic communicators through their reading and writing.
- Use phonic knowledge to decode text and spell with increasing accuracy.
- Display a love of reading.
- Have and apply a secure knowledge of spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Take pride in the presentation of their work.