- Become fluent in the fundamentals of maths
- Develop the skills to tackle challenges with enthusiasm and confidence in a wider context
- Know and confidently apply key skills
- Reason and problem solve mathematically
- Use appropriate mathematical vocabulary
- Use maths skills across a wide range of curriculum subjects and in practical, real-life situations
At Ashton under Hill First School, we use White Rose resources as the basis of our planning but teachers adapt and tailor activities to suit the children in their class; a wide range of other mathematical resources are also utilised.
Outline Long Term Plans are set out in the document below but again, teachers may adapt the learning sequence to best support their pupils.
We have worked closely with representatives of Bredon Hill Academy and other local First Schools to produce the cluster Calculation Policy.
- Calculation Policy Sept 2019 Parents Version
- Maths Long Term Plans
- Maths Parents Meeting Presentation Aut 2022
- maths progression
By the end of Key Stage 2, be able to:
- Be confident, enthusiastic and resilient mathematicians, continually striving to develop their skills and understanding.
- Have and apply a secure knowledge of facts across the maths curriculum.
- Use their knowledge to reason and problem solve in a variety of contexts.
- Communicate their mathematical thinking clearly.
- Demonstrate enjoyment and pride in their work.