- Express self through different media and techniques
- Develop a range of artistic skills
- Appreciate artists from different ages and cultures
At Ashton under Hill First School we follow a rolling programme of Topics which are adapted to cover the requirements of the National Curriculum and inform our Art projects.
Each of the topics allow for a range of activities addressing skills, appreciation of art and the study of artists.
When our pupils leave KS2, they should be able to:
- Record their ideas in a variety of different ways using a range of media and techniques.
- In Key Stage 2, produce a working sketchbook showing progression of skills
- Develop their practical skills and select how best to use art resources effectively.
- Produce thoughtful responses to the study of artists.
- Use a range of different materials and techniques to generate 2D and 3D artwork.
- Respond to artists’ work from a range of ages and cultures.