Design and Technology
- Plan and design products using different techniques
- Apply skills in problem solving situations
- Communicate ideas and evaluate solutions
At Ashton under Hill First School we follow a rolling programme of topics which are adapted to cover the requirements of the National Curriculum and inform our Design and Technology projects.
Each of the topics allow for a range of activities addressing research skills, the design process, construction/cooking skills and evaluation. This will include safety when working with a range of small tools.
Open here for Design & Technology content
By the end of Key Stage 2 pupils will be able to:
- Research , design, plan and evaluate using a set of criteria.
- Through making a product find solutions to problems.
- Safely use simple tools and equipment with improving accuracy.
- Make a range of sweet and savoury dishes.
- Know how to eat within a balance diet.