- To develop a love of learning and to aim high
- To take responsibility for their actions and for their learning
- To develop confidence and have positive self-esteem
- To show empathy and respect for others
- To be kind, caring and co-operative
Values and Ethos
At Ashton our vision is to achieve a standard of excellence appropriate to each individual.
Our Core Values
We want our children:
We work in partnership with our parents and the community to provide a caring environment in order to achieve a standard of excellence appropriate to each individual, enriching, encouraging and equipping each child for the challenges of today and tomorrow.
OUR ETHOS At Ashton-under-Hill First School we aim to:-
- Provide whole school activities which cover a range of lively, rich, diverse and creative experiences for all our children, thus promoting a sense of community
- Create a happy, welcoming and successful school where everyone is able to share in shaping future generations
- Develop each individual’s self-confidence by celebrating successes and achievements with equal opportunities for all
- Enable pupils to acquire knowledge and skills which can be adapted to a variety of situations and a changing environment
- Foster a secure and caring school where mutual respect, tolerance and understanding is developed
- Give children and staff the opportunity to self-evaluate and determine future progress
- Support and encourage the rights of parents to partner us in the education of their children
- Create a supportive environment for all to participate socially and academically within our school and the wider community.
- We work hard to provide a lively, engaging and balanced curriculum. We believe pupils learn best when they can make connections between concepts and subjects. We want our pupils to experience a wide range of concepts, experiences, knowledge and skills which will promote their spiritual, moral, social, cultural, intellectual and physical development. We take pride in developing successful learners for the future
- We strongly believe that each child is a unique individual and we endeavour to develop their separate talents and abilities. We encourage a respect in all our pupils – respect for themselves and those around them, respect for other cultures, beliefs and backgrounds. We celebrate the diversity of our school and the wider society in which we live.