PSHE (Personal, social, health and economic education)
- Develop the skills, knowledge and understanding to lead confident and independent lives in the wider world
- Become informed, active and responsible citizens
- Experience the process of democracy
- Develop physical, emotional and mentally healthy lifestyles and learn how to keep safe
- Learn about healthy relationships
At Ashton under Hill First School PSHE is taught each week as a discreet subject throughout Key Stage 1 and 2. The curriculum consists of three core themes :
- Living in the wider world: economic wellbeing and being a responsible citizen
- Health and wellbeing
Our teaching in PSHE follows a spiral curriculum where strands within the three core themes are revisited and developed each year according to the stage of development and needs of the children .
Through PSHE, we nurture and embed our school values of Friendship, Resilience, Respect, Curiosity and Working together and we also fulfil our statutory duty to provide Relationships Education and Health Education at Key Stages 1 and 2.
We work closely with Bredon Hill Academy to ensure continuity and progression within PSHE.
Through our PSHE curriculum our children develop the skills and knowledge to enable them to :
- develop effective relationships
- assume greater personal responsibility
- manage personal safety, including online
- be prepared to manage physical and emotional changes at puberty
- find out about a wider world
- make an active contribution to their communities.