- Develop scientific knowledge and conceptual understanding across different programmes of study
- Engage in practical investigation and exploration, both teacher and child-led
- Develop and apply key scientific skills from year to year
In our Science lessons we use a range of resources and equipment to develop of Scientific skills.
A long term plan has been developed over a 2 year period to ensure that each topic is fully covered at the appropriate level within a mixed age class.
We work closely with Bredon Hill Academy and our cluster first schools to ensure we are up to date and are sharing and adopting new and exciting developments in STEM learning.
By the end of KS2, be able to
- plan different types of scientific enquiry
- control variables in an enquiry and measure accurately and precisely using a range of equipment
- record data and results using scientific diagrams and labels, classification keys, tables, scatter graphs, bar and line graphs
- use the outcome of test results to make predictions and set up a further comparative fair test
- report findings from enquiries in a range of ways
- explain a conclusion from an enquiry